View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #48 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Latest fillup on the tank from the 'Snow' and its only 40 MPG (US). This is much much lower than my previous tank in the log - although I haven't been strict on keeping the log up to date since October.

I am disappointed and at the same time not.

I thought this tank seemed OK based on mileage and time but it wasn't as good as I thought it could be.

At the same time this was the tank I used during the snow (I haven't filled up in the real world since before Christmas - I worked for home for most of December and early Jan) so losing that much is not too bad. And normally I would fill up twice a month but I haven't for almost a month and a half.

I hoped the grill block would help but not too much at the moment, I need to look at the lower grill soon. One benefit of super expensive fuel (£1.30+ a litre at the moment here in Scotland) is that any gains are quite large. So as its also my birthday I have saved to get a proper grill block (via SuperSkoda) for the upper one, so TapeOBoard can be retired. It is still in place and strong though.

Overall though not too upset. I would get a tank to last about 420 miles before ecomodder and it would cost me the same as today's. I get about 25% more just now even on this tank so thats about £20 a tank saved.