View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ford Man
Master EcoModder

Ever been to a NASCAR race? They sell beer for about $4.-$5 a can, soda for about $2-$3 a can, a hot dog for $3-$4 and so on, but you can bring in all your cooler will hold. I think they have a size limit on the cooler but if you use a colapsable cooler you can probably get a case of drinks in it and some small snacks. You my say NASCAR tickets are more expensive than movie tickets, but they have thousands of dollars that are given away to leaders of the race at different points in the race and still turn a huge profit, they don't give away a door prize to even one customer at a theater. I've taken tires into tire stores before to have them mounted and balanced, maybe they didn't sell me the tires, but still they make $40-$60 depending on how much they charge for mounting and balancing for 15-30 minutes work and a hand full of lead wheel weights. I'm not sure what the rules are at most theaters, but I certainly wouldn't feel bad taking in my own candy bar. If you pulled into a gas station and filled your car up with gas and checked the oil and it was a quart low and you had a quart in the trunk you had paid $3 for or you could buy it from the gas station for $6. quart would you feel guilty pouring in your own oil on their property? I wouldn't. It's all the same principle.