View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
moorecomp
Master EcoModder

Finally posting pics of my Stealth Kill Switch.

All,

After a new member requested info on my stealth kill switch mod for MyZX2, I am posting this to show how I accomplished this on my car. I wanted to do a kill switch on my car for a while, but could not bring myself to mount it to the shifter as some have done. Tape, hose clamps, epoxy, none appealed to me. I wanted to keep the interior looking stock. So I thought what could I use to activate a switch that was already in place? I pulled the center console apart, and the e-brake release pawl was exposed enough to fit the bill.
The injectors in my car are 14 ohms of resistance, so it is only about 1 amp through the switch. I fabbed a simple "L" bracket and attached the switch to it.

I screwed the bracket to the floor under the e-brake so the downward motion of the release pawl, when the release button on the end of the brake lever was pushed, actuated the switch.

The switch is wired to interrupt the common power feed to the injectors.

You can add a bypass switch in case the microswitch ever fails.

I had tried interrupting the ignition, but unburnt fuel hitting the hot cat caused a SES light. You could actually hear the rumble in the exhaust of the burning fuel. I have had it installed this way for going on 2 years now and it works great.

Last edited by moorecomp; 01-29-2011 at 09:19 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moorecomp For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (01-29-2011), darcane (01-29-2011), skaana (01-29-2011), TOOQIKK (09-01-2011), Tygen1 (04-17-2011)