View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Ok some new mods today.

The old tapoboard grill block was removed and the replacement sized up.

The new block fitted and in place. The clips on this are really well designed, it is a bent piece of metal which is too short but then links to a screw in the front cover, my only concern is that the screw may be pulled through the plastic.

Attached. There is no space for the air intake which is roughly on the opposite side of the opening for the bonnet (aka hood) lever on the other side of the badge in the centre. I will monitor intake temps and look and maybe putting some holes in here.

It does sit slightly proud of the grill surround. I assume this won't make any real difference.

I did look at blocking the bottom grill from behind but wondered how deept the grill has to be to make a difference if the opening is blocked from behind ?

So some weight reduction, the spare wheel and jack kit

replaced with a can of sealant and a pump.

I have a couple of questions on this - firstly given that the spare is actually a full size item why is it rated as only suitable for 80 km/h ?

My second issue is how to support the spare wheel cover (piece of ply) when there is no wheel underneath ? I will have to be careful of how much weight to put in here until I work that one out.

Tyres are up at 45 which makes most glides much better than before but the ride quality has suffered - stuff that didn't rattle before now does, including my fillings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill1.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	7740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill2.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill3.JPG
Views:	157