View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #426 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
rmay635703 -

Yeah, one of my theories is that if the EFIE gives you lean-burn, then *that* *alone* will increase your MPG at the cost of emissions. A test of each scenario, EFIE-only, EFIE+HHO, and HHO-only would be great.

CarloSW2
Its not a theory, too bad there isn't an easy way to have your ECU which is much better than the EFIE simply go lean once you are up to your speed.

The pollution BS is just that, I on average get about 35-50% above EPA day in and day out, if I run lean and gain nothing additional FE wise and emit 25% more Nox, I am still emitting less NOX than someone who runs at stoich and less volumatically of pollution (aka I make less exhaust).

So I think the Nox arguement is BS when the person is emitting significantly less pollution than a normal driver in the same car, even if it is a little "dirtier" but then again a lean burn car emitts less particulate and less exotics.

Its too bad lean burn couldn't be LEGAL in areas where it would not affect the air quality (aka rural) with our level of tech I would think even the government could make a system so the cars emissions could run within the required limits of the region or city. Lean burn could definately reduce our overall use of gas.

SpyStar equiped vehicles could do it as could GPS vehicles. Move from an ECO programming to a Emissions programming based on region.