View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
mthornton
MThornton

Thanks for the good replies.

Based on today's fuel pump & odometer measurements, fuel-economy improved from 12.5LHK to 10.45LHK ( from 18.8 to 22.4 mpg (usg)), thanks to the grill aero-mod. All highway.

The truck as a manual transmission, engine is 4.0L V6... We have the big engine because we need to carry a pop-up camper, & live in mountains. I'm not concerned about transmission temp at this point.

I added a 1" x 6" air-slot between the front license-plate & the Ford logo, and engine compartment temps, as reflected by AI, were 15 DegC lower, with similar ambient. Lowering the plate is an option, but involves abandoning the stock plate-holder & making something out of sheet metal.

We have a scanguage II, but I find it very frustrating to not be able to store multiple vehicle set-ups. So when I transfer the SC from the car to the truck, I have to go through the painful calibration procedure. This seems an unnecessary limitation.
I'll buy a second scan-gauge (or similar) only after it includes logging & wireless connectivity to a graphic display device.
Garmin is getting real close with the new ecoRoute device.