View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #64 (permalink)
EdKiefer
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcpacer View Post
I took a pic of the intercooler. It is a cheap used ebay bought Dodge Neon SRT-4 aftermarket intercooler. It is the AGP mini SRT cooler. I pressure tested it in the bath tub and found a couple of pin hole leaks that I plan to fix with epoxy. It looks like a tube and fin design because of the externally rounded edges on the passages but upon closer inspection with a mirror I see it has internal fins that run parallel to air flow. This will probably be better at shedding heat than the small thunderbird cooler that I considered using. Also I must find a good turbo bypass valve. I assume it is not acceptable to vent pressure to atmosphere due to the vane air meter already cataloging the incoming air. Anyone with experience on bypass vs blow off valve on a VAM style Ford electronics.

HPT Motorsports - AGP Direct-Fit Intercooler (FMIC) 03+ Dodge SRT-4

It runs so nice! I want to drive it but I must have patience in waiting for the seat belts. I need to have an exhaust shop make a complete exhaust for the car. Right now it has a short pipe at the turbo outlet. It is actually relatively quiet with no exhaust system (nice turbo side effect).

I must sign up for youtube and post a video when time permits.
I have used a standard bypass valve off either Rx7 turbo or Supra 3.0L turbo (both are very similar) .
On the intake elbow of turbo inlet drilled an taped fitting for bypass then one in intake pipe before throttle body .
bypass control valve port goes to vacuum tree .