View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Rooster
He ain't gonna die!

Tree Catcher - '94 Acura Integra LS
90 day: 32.12 mpg (US)

The Old Dog - '92 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
I found that engine without trying very hard, I'm sure you could find more, but that one is JDM and really low mileage.

I'm actually going to get some aftermarket lightweight and cool looking 16" wheels for my car, with the CF hood and rear hatch it'll look silly with stock hubcaps. I still want the car to look like an Integra, so it won't be getting any boattails or stuff like that, but weight reduction, engine swap, bellypan, lower suspension, air dam... stuff you can't really see...that' I'm down for.

I might...MIGHT put clear lexan caps over my aftermarket wheels for aerodynamic purposes, but it'll depend on what they look like, and the mileage difference I observe.

An Integra is essentially a civic with a bigger motor, so getting the weight to within a couple hundred pounds of a civic should be doable. Couple that with similar aero to a VX hatch, and the VX lean burn engine, and I see no reason why I can't pull 50+ mpg with the Teggy.