View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
richtate
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboyCAFE View Post
i never did understand why people have this mis-conception that a 250 cant handle the freeways. i do it every day just fine, with some power to spare. but not everyone is the same. i guess thats why they make so many different bike sizes.
kawboy, I got my son a Ninja 250 and was suprised how well it could handle the streets here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area (north central near DFW airport). So I decided to take it to work since it's 20 miles away in Plano. They just opened a tollway that has a speed limit of 70 but everyone goes 75 or 80. Now I'm 230 lbs, keep in mind, but when running 75 in the right lane to stay out of the way, I just didn't feel safe.

Now I ride an Ultra Classic, and it probably is that I'm just to use to the confort and heftyness of my bike. But I decided to keep riding my bike even though I get half the mileage. If I were not as heavy, it would probably be a game changer. Or if I modded the bike to be more areo and thus slip through the air better, I might be open to try again, but my son doesn't like the any of the mods I've shown him...

It is a good bike and I take it out for a spin around the city, but highway is just to much for big butt!