View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtRitter View Post
Agree with jamesqf... If you've been able to transport a display plus printer before without destroying them, the laptop would do fine. Regardless if you get a desktop-style system with an external monitor or a laptop with an external monitor, you still have to schlepp around an external monitor. Benefit of the laptop is that you don't always have to connect that external monitor if you want to do a quick check on your system or have some data to input or want to show a customer something real quick or ... etc.
Experience says no, My computer that is in there now and printer are used to support other stuff in our brick of stuff, we use the computer as a structural
component so to say.

I have broken laptop screens in the past, laptop hinges among other things even while taking greater care transporting them so they don't get smashed or fall.

I also have found laptops (for me at least) simply do not last very long without developing bugs or hardware issues, the last one the keyboard internally started flaking out not long after purchase and then the external would do the same shortly after.

Lets just say I have not had good luck with new laptops, antiques yes, new not so much.