View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
I found more pics:

I'm sure that the front skirts bulge out so that the wheels can turn, while the rear skirts are just made to look similar. My guess is that they add some 5% to the FA, while increasing the Cd by at least 8%-10% - those things probably mess up the airflow down the sides more than the open wheelwells did, then they add to the rear wake.

I wonder if that green monster isn't chopped, but maybe not. Maybe the panels have been widened to make the windows appear smaller. If the roof has been lowered, then that would help the rear angle, which is on the steep side, as Neil mentioned. The little spoiler helps a bit, too.

Overall, I appreciate the craftmanship, but too bad it's in the wrong direction (by my standards, anyway). I think that for the same amount of time and money that car could have killer aero and look at least as good. Thanks for starting this discussion, Nimble.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread