View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #160 (permalink)
watercat
EcoModding Lurker

The green machine - '94 Geo Metro
So tonight i installed my kill switch and my manual throttle. I followed some one else's advice on here for the throttle and got a bike shifter and installed it on my shifter in the car. I will get some picts or video and post that but it installed in 20 minutes and looks like geo sold it on the car.

On the kill switch i unplugged my starter clutch pedal switch and simply plugged a fuse into the wires to leave the cars starter circuit closed so it will now start in gear. I then used a relay that was normally closed and cut the red wire to the distributor. i lengthened this red wire on both cut ends to reach the fire wall where i mounted my relay. i then ran a fused power wire to my clutch pedal starter switch and another wire from the pedal switch back to the normally closed relay and then of course i ran aground to the relay using the grounding bolt that comes from the fire wall to the distributor for the factory block ground.

So now i just have to get use to not shoving the clutch pedal to the floor completely and it shifts just fine. I set it about 5 clicks on my shifter throttle for 50/55 mph and when i come over a hill i simply shove in the clutch the car coasts and the engine instantly dies and as soon as i release the clutch it instantly starts up and goes back to maintaining its set speed on the manual throttle. I drive about 35 miles each way to work and i did pretty good for my first drive home only killing it a few times in town.

i will be installing a toggle switch that breaks the power to the relay so that i can drive the car normal and depress the clutch pedal completely and not have it die so other people can drive the car or if you got in a place where you were shifting a lot or in stop and go traffic you would not have the stalling issues.
best anti theft ever installed!