View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #4332 (permalink)
mora
EcoModding Apprentice

Golfwagen - '89 Volkswagen Golf mk2
90 day: 107.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeded View Post
Did anybody try this controller with the Kostov 9" motor? I assume there should not be a problem as this is series wound motor as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mora View Post
Hey, I have 9" Kostov but it is still in its wooden box, hehe. I still need coupler back from the machinist. I also use P&S's controller. Any DC/series Kostov should be fine with this controller. I suppose those will also perform pretty well as most of their motor test data goes over 500A at 144V.
I finally got (almost) everything set up and tried the motor in real-life conditions. Runs well and pulls good if I command it to do so. I've limited battery amps to 300, current ramp rate to 20 and kp/ki set to 8 and 20 if I remember right. I'll need to check all the other values next weekend when I get to drive the car again. Values might still need more tuning. I'm using 96V/90Ah Thundersky-pack.

Controller works great. It reacts immediately to throttle pedal and feels really smooth. I connected a laptop to controller using Deltaco-branded usb-serial -adapter and used RTD Explorer for monitoring and setting all the parameters. On -15C day I managed to get heatsink temperature to -6C after driving for a while. Now I need to run that serial cable through firewall and have some driving data logged.
The Following User Says Thank You to mora For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-07-2011)