View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #135 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Bad news: Having too much electronic stuff in control of everything sucks. I used my engine kill button after the car's computer became disoriented and the Wife and I got locked out of the car (with the key in the ignition!), before midnight, in freezing wind, up to our ankles in snow, with everything (except us) inside the car: money, documents, food, warm clothes. Thankfully we were in good hands and got the car open the next morning
Engine Kill Switch - Use with Caution!!

Good news: On that trip I got 4.2 l/100km on the way out - at night and in strong wind and snow, and 3.6 l/100km on the return - nice weather and taking it extra slow

On the way back I picked up a set of aluminum wheels. Read more here:
Ultralight 15" wheels for Citroën/Peugeot owners

I used the pad heater in tandem with the coolant heater on Friday and after 1h45m the coolant temperature was about 2°C more than usual (23°C instead of 21°C), but this was at start up. Once the engine got going it warmed up a little faster since the oil was already prewarmed. If only I knew if I had an oil temperature sensor (very likely) and how to hack into it...

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread