View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
I got a set of these wheels

I found them for 85 PLN (30 USD) each, and no shipping since I picked them up myself yesterday. Two of them still have tires on them - they were thrown in for free since the owner couldn't get them off. The tires are worn down close to the markers, so my tire guy will get a present.

The first thing I noticed was how light they are, I was expecting more when
I picked the first one up. From looking at two of the wheels in the daylight this morning I noticed that one is slightly bent, but my brother-in-law says that can be fixed.

The guy I bought them from said that he used the wheels for only 3 months, that the previous C5 wheels were recalled and replaced with these shortly before he had an accident (that may be how one wheel got its dent), so these are the goodies I asked for the screws and he looked but couldn't find them. He promised to look again this week and send them (for free!) if he finds them.

When I find some free time I'll clean the dust off and post a picture. I wish my summer tires were worn down more so I could put new LRR's on these wheels, but I'll have to wait another 2-3 years for that...

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread