View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Rooster
He ain't gonna die!

Tree Catcher - '94 Acura Integra LS
90 day: 32.12 mpg (US)

The Old Dog - '92 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
OK, I have another mod, really a continuation of the mudflap mod.

I was taking a look at the rear wheel well after removing the rear mudflaps and I became a bit concerned about the gaping hole left behind, I'm concerned about it turning the rear bumper into a parachute and negating the effect of removing the mudflaps in the first place. So, I came up with a solution.

The mudflaps are rubber, so what I did was I trimmed the mud flap part of the mud flap off, and left behind the part that should be the fender liner. The mod looks like this;

One of the mudflaps, you can see the part that flaps the mud, and a rather large area that sits inside the wheel house;

If they look clean, it's because they are, I just washed and scrubbed them out in the sink before getting started. Here's me making a cut using a simple, and very sharp box knife. No rusty old blades here;

And the finished product, I'll get some pictures of the car in daylight, I'll get a before and after so you all can see the hole I was talking about;