View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I buy most of my Honda Civic VX parts from Majestic Honda altho on larger stuff like exhaust systems their shipping tends to be a bit high, at that point I call around to Honda dealerships that are in my area.
I've owned two civic VX's and have gone thru a handful of exhausts and have settled on the stock exhaust from the dealership because they don't cost much more then ones from the parts store (around $150 for a muffler) but they have a life time warranty (to the person who buys it) and when you compare them side by side with other mufflers it becomes clear that they are better built.
I tried lowering my first vx (1.5") and found it to be a mistake, it handled poorly, you could feel every little bump and it started wearing out the rest of the suspension faster so I removed the lowering shocks and went back to stock springs and struts, my personal feelings on it is that it's not worth replacing the springs unless they are broken or wore out because the stock springs don't tend to wear out, the struts do wear out over time and have had good luck with after market struts.
I've never had to replace a wheel bearing but I have replaced a few CV shafts and they are really easy, new after market drive shafts are becoming more common where rebuilt drive shafts used to be common, I've used both and if given an option would buy a rebuilt cv shaft rather then a made in china new cv shaft.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
bikepilot (02-10-2011)