View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejoey View Post
Nice results with the JGC! But why did you sell the CRX HF?
Depressingly low horse power, after I moved to Austin, I realized it couldn't take some of the hills here that I hit daily at posted speeds. And it had over 270,000 miles. I'd love a 2nd gen CRX HF, little more power and EFI. Also, I'm tired of cars with no A/C!

I put it up on craigslist for trade, and threw a 1500 dollar price for S-n-G's, and someone wanted it for that. I only had 650 bucks in it. Bought a Miata, loved it to death (Some of the greatest driving roads in TX are here in Austin) but that particular one was a bit of a lemon, and I didn't want to sink the future dollars into it. Sold it for 2500, started building the CST10's new 4spd OD trans with the profits, and was offered this GC for 1000 bucks, *****in' deal and when I goto resell it I can double my money quite easily if I can sell it for at least 3000. It's a great truck, and I love it offroad.

For a college student, it's been a healthy way to make money.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues

Last edited by texanidiot25; 02-14-2011 at 05:14 PM..