View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
ShadeTreeMech
Basjoos Wannabe

The Van - '97 Mercury Villager gs
90 day: 19.8 mpg (US)

Lyle the Kindly Viking - '99 Volvo V70
90 day: 25.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Milk in tea? Barf!

One of the few things I actively dislike about Britain (along with petty theft being treated as a sport) is what they do to tea. Shoulda never let it out of China.
I enjoy coffee in milk, and I love tea of all sorts, Earl Grey is one of my favorites. (or is that favourites?) Anyway, I fear tea and milk is where no american has gone before.

Another of my big time favorites is Cosntant Comment. To me it is so sweet it needs no sugar, contrary to what my missus has to say about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
No way any of them could compete with my Wife. Keep trying.
Sounds like a man seeking favour with his wife the day before Valentines day for certain.

Not that I can blame you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Peugeots that burn their position light bulbs more often than many people smoke cigarettes. Supposedly it's something about them getting fried by the voltage at high rpms. Some Pug owners replace their bulbs every 2-3 months. I keep my rpms low, so no problems here, but once Dad-in-law borrowed the car for a weekend and brought it back with 3 burned out position lights
I suspect the national disposition of the bulb manufacturer may be coming into play. They get hit with a whiff of bad voltage and scream "we surrender!"

Might need a few Yankee and Brit bulbs to help them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I think you missed the point I was trying to make, which is that it's not rational to do either speed or fuel economy mods for economic reasons. You do it as a form of recreation, for the fun and for the challenge.