View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Hey - could I just have some really bad gas ?

Hello ? Hello . Where did everyone go ?

No seriously, the gas that is in this particular tank is a couple of months old. What would be the symptoms of having bad gas ( besides not having a girlfriend ..no... no really )

I have added three things of fuel injector cleaner to the car and it seems to be acting up less. In fact, the last couple of days, it has started every time.

I also sprayed some throttle body cleaner into the car as well. Perhaps all of this was just a clog somewhere ?

It still doesn't explain the sluggishness the car has accelerating up to 45 MPH.

Just wondering.

While all of this has been happening, i tried replacing the seals that go between the valve cover and the spark plug chamber. ( There is some oil leakage into there )
I managed to give one of the nuts just a tiny bit too much torque and snapped it off.
The bolt is the one on the valve cover that also attaches the ground to the engine.
I reattached the ground to another part of the engine that is actually attached to the block itself. Just out of curiosity, I pulled it off entirely and the car still started first try.

There is some pressure coming up through the area where the nut broke off, and the seal is going to eventually blow off unless i do something. There seems to be oil leakage around the valve cover gasket, and even some oil around the oil fill cap ( only enough to give that area a wet look ) but everything is snug and tight.

Any advice ?