View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #48 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clev View Post
Well, I'm glad that we're not spending a few hundred billion taxpayer dollars to make Bush's corporate cronies richer while killing a few hundred thousand brown people in the Middle East, and then demanding more through fearmongering.

And then we can talk about my taxpayer money being used to subsidize churches, both through direct tax breaks and "faith-based initiatives." And about my taxpayer money being used for corporate welfare, auto industry bailouts, billion-dollar junk projects for the DoD, subsidies for the oil industry and corn industry, tax cuts for the ultra-rich, tax breaks for the purchase of high-dollar large trucks for the rich, special tax rates for capital gains for the rich...
I thought this thread was about unions, schools, benefits and the position of a governor of a state. As usual, it is turning into a general Leftist harangue about everything imaginable.

BTW, your school taxes and your state taxes are not determined by Washington. They are a local matter. State governance (with regard to unions) is not a Federal issue. It is the dominion of those who live in that state and is determined by their legislature and elected officials.