View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
But I do anyway

Hmm, you say if it is pollitically correct I do care? Them is fighting words.
What are "fighting words". PLEASE TELL US. (I know the concept, but I want to hear your definition of what that phrase means and where it came from.)

Do words make you fight? Or do you make yourself fight in response to words?

Quote:
Actually, It depends on the subject, not whether it is politically correct, I am actually not very liberal in many regards, though I have been accused of being one.
It's easy to see why.

Quote:
I also am not very pollitically correct, at all. Which is why I don't tend to enjoy people trying to be overly correct on what seems to be non-issues.

I tend to believe in people having more freedom, but also hope they use that freedom to better everyone and themselves by having enough common sense to see past the dogma and mantra of the current law and leaders. I also hope people can see through an agenda.
That's very vague and nebulous. You could have a career as a politician (if you could garner enough money and enough votes to become one).

Quote:
If a law requires a very complex, specific set of circumstances and is said to be for a specific goal of society, I tend to disagree with it. Much like banning rain barrels (I don't know is banning rain barrels pollitically correct? I tend to have strong feelings on that regard also)
Many times the reason is more important than what we are told the effect is supposed to be.
What on earth do rain barrels have to do with this discussion? That's another creative tactic: when persuasive argument fails, the best hope you have is to create a diversion.

Quote:
Much like this current budget law, the reason is more important than what the effect is said to be.

Pollitically correct or not I do care on these regards.
You have a natural talent for political doublespeak!

"If you can't 'rouse 'em with rhetoric, baffle 'em with bullsh*t."