View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #460 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
HOH kit real experience.

I made my own kit of a very hard iron, very heavy, and expensive.
It produced a lot of HOH gas, ( have to use a pump to pump it out of the generator).

However, the energy demanded to break the water molecule into HOH was higher than the energy brought to the engine, as the engine revs down everytime I connected the generator, like connecting the air cooling.

My diesel was a aspirated non electronic diesel, so there was no electronic correction of the rpm, and one can see easily that the effect is lower the power of the engine. It means that MPG will diminish also.

I couldnīt make an instrument measure, but for a tank refuel of diesel I didnīt see any improvement at all.

The system has a lot of additional troubles such as keeping electrolitic solution, avoiding foam, loses of water (corrosive), and warming up of the whole thing. When this happens, water simply evaporates, and the kit produces nothing.

Some people that sell this systems are sending spam emails about electric vehicles, alternative energy and such, where the propaganda about HOH kits is camouflaged inside.

Donīt waste your money.

Oldbeaver
The Following User Says Thank You to oldbeaver For This Useful Post:
rmay635703 (02-27-2011)