View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
Tyranny is defined as something that the government can do that is illegal for the normal citizen. It is not just a nice idea.

There is no reason that you have to pay that much for fuel. I hate it at $3.5/gal.

I work in a medical practice. Every day we see most of our patients who don't pay anything for their health care, welfare, that is upon the back of you and me. Last week I had one tell me that they were going on vacation in Australia next year. WTF. Most of them drive more expensive and newer vehicles than I do, many of them hare SuVs. Most of them do not work or are looking for work. They are happy to live on the fringe. No education, no aspirations.

I am older than most on this forum...I was once young and an idealist. I didn't understand that so many were just happy to get paid for not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caferacer51 View Post
Nice idea, but we're British, so ultimately we just lay down and take it...

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787
The Following User Says Thank You to Varn For This Useful Post:
braddd (02-27-2011)