View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hubert Farnsworth
EcoModding Lurker

Planet Express Ship - '94 Geo Prizm LSI
90 day: 36.57 mpg (US)
The engine does have over 216k miles on it, and seems to occasionally go through a quart between oil changes, (sometimes when pushed slightly passed 3000 miles, but other times when I watched it every day on the days I was running 100 miles a day and did not notice the level drop on the dipstick for 2000 miles, or even past 3000 miles. I'm not sure what the state of the damage is or isn't, but I was really lucky to find this one when I did, even with the rust creeping in, the floor pan was pretty much solid, the engine runs well I think, although given I didn't test drive too many others I'm not 100% sure. If you can even find one its getting harder and harder to locate a good one for less than 2 grand, so I guess I'll try and take care of the one I've got.

I wasn't looking to get too crazy with the aero mods, at least not right away, just looking to see if my driving technique is working and maybe some small things that might make some difference in the longevity of the car and the fuel consumed. (I am not too terribly concerned about the absolute fuel consumption reduction for the sake of a cleaner planet, but rather looking to do my small part to not use more than I need to commute to be able to afford to go places, and do things like visit the amusement parks and ride those exciting rides more often with less direct expense and consumption to get there).