View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #111 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Somebody must be doing their job right if its causing screaming.
I am reminded of children throwing temper tantrums. Is it because the parents are "doing their job right" or is it because the toddlers are acting infantile, physically and emotionally?

Quote:
He is a servant, his position is only valid if he is serving the common good, if he is doing the popular serving himself notion and his buddies many will have no use for him.
As our founding fathers said a government should fear its people. Otherwise it will do disservice to them.
Short of assassination, in a civilized society a government fears the populace at the ballot box at the next election. That is probably what the founding fathers meant. Perhaps the "disservice" needs to be done. Democracy only guarantees that we get the government we deserve, for better or for worse.

Quote:
My great grandfather got to witness pinkertons shooting at union miners on strike. Although I agree unions have the WRONG POWER in the WRONG PLACES we should be working to reform the unions to become more fair as opposed to destroying them outright by eliminating their ability to function.
Too little, too late. That's the stuff that political backlashes are made of.

Quote:
Republicans have always wanted to go too far one direction, democrats too far the other. With a super majority in this state walker might walk us right back into the 1920's with a debt equal to that of the 1940's FDR government. Every republican gov. this state has had has always railroaded us further into debt with a series of mostly unworkable state obligations to various individuals and companies.
It's easy to blame it all on the governor. But don't forget that it was the populace that elected him. At the risk being provocative I will mention that as time progressed, it became easy to hate Hitler. But we never acknowledge that the German people elected him to be their leader. Governor Walker is no Hitler, and America is not Nazi Germany. But the electoral process is a direct expression of the nature of what democracy IS. (Funny how Democrats seem to forget that concept. )