View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

1: Run two banks both at 40v only having one connected till it is at 20v then run the second bank till it's at 20v. When both are at 20v run them in series for a total voltage of 40 again.
What kind of battery can you drain that low tho? my 48v pack starts out at 100% full with a at rest voltage of around 52v once the at rest voltage is around 46 volts the pack is dead but in normal use I try to keep it above 47.5v to make my pack last longer as the deeper I discharge the fewer cycles I can get out of the pack.
Also the comment about a 120v battery pack and reducing the voltage to 96v going to the motor, that is more or less how speed controllers work, you give the motor the voltage it needs to go the speed you want to go, crawling along in traffic? your 120v pack might be reduced down to 20v via the speed controller.
The fact of the matter remains, stress your batteries to much and you will be replacing then every year or two instead of every 5-6 years, take really good care of them and they might last you ten years.