View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
byte312
EcoModding Lurker

I will take a guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
This past weekend, I installed two items in my truck that actually cause the energy in the exhaust to do something other than just get expelled out into the open air. These items didn't take too long, and I've noticed an immediate increase in available power (especially at low end and midrange), throttle responsiveness, and fuel economy. My overhead computer used to report an average fuel economy of around 18 to 19 MPG on my commutes, and it is now reporting over 20 MPG.

Granted, the overhead computer is not the world's most accurate, but I have a secondary indication that my fuel economy increase isn't just imaginary. On this current tankful in my truck, I travelled about 261 miles, and my fuel gauge is just a hair under 3/8 of a tank. Prior to installing these exhaust energy devices, the fuel gauge would read midway between 1/4 and 3/8 of a tank.

I will have a better idea of what this past tank's fuel economy will be tomorrow, when I do my fillup.

Can anyone guess what these exhaust energy items would be?
Could this be an exhaust return device to burn up the unburned hydrocarbons?
I have been wondering myself if a fuelcell could replace the Catalyitic converter.
This sounds intersting, please tell me more.