View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #67 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTreeMech View Post
If the missus dislikes both vehicles, and you are about to be working alot away from the house, keeping her happy is less costly than the replacement vehicle of her choice. And with petrol going up, a 6 year old diesel is likely to be more valuable in trade in its current state than it will be next year.
I won't be working away, just very busy. Apart from that all of this is true but the car I fancy (C1 Diesel) is depreciating faster I know strange, but true - its partly because the diesel versions of these "city-bugs" is not selling here in the UK (and are discontinued here) so they are quite cheap used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTreeMech View Post
After Mrs. A gets the rust free vehicle of her choosing, get about 6 stone of undercoating firmly lathered on the underbelly. If an ouce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you'll certainly be ahead of the rust monster.
I have a wardrobe of T-shirts from the rust chasing fan club. I have tried all sorts of underseal including those that only come off your skin by your skin wearing off. In the end rust wins pretty much always.

I have decided to delay it and now I can get my wheels off (see annoyances thread) I can coat some more.

And then again we met the financial guy who advises us last night and it looks like even replacing at the end of the year is unlikely. So I will get another T-shirt instead