View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #616 (permalink)
Magister
OBDuino coder

Titine - '13 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Q I received by email
--------------------

Hi OBduino team,

I have build the OBDuino ISO, and it works as it should :-)

Today however I've made an observation that I can't figure out. I was watch the PID's INST CONS and Out Cons. On the highway - the Out Cons was showing 5,80 L/100 and the INST CONS was showing 4,8-4,9 L/100. I noticed that the Out Cons was increasing, even though that the Inst Cons all the time was lower than Out Cons. How can that be? - I would have thought that as long as the inst cons is lower than out cons, the out cons will decrease.

I have a couple of ideas to the OBDuino:

The BigNum display with AVG and INST cons - is made as two bargraphs instead of numeric. It would be easier/faster to see if you are increasing/decreasing the inst cons compared to AVG cons. It could be made for instance, that the lower display row, is lit up according to the AVG cons, and the upper display row a single character block would represent the INST cons.

As many users of the OBDuino (and other Car-computers) have noticed, the INST cons isn't very usefull because of the sensitivity. It changes very rapidly due to changes ins terrain, wind and so on. What I have been thinking of was that it would bed nice to have an AVG_CONS_10 for the last 10 seconds (or whatever would be suitable), and this should be done continuosly. Simply by using the INST CONS for the last 10 seconds, finding the average, and then do this repeatedly for every update cycle. I think this would be at good compromise between the INST CONS and the OUT CONS.

By the way - is there any software-updates planned for the OBDuino - ISO?

Kind regards
Torben