View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #471 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
I love it, the first paragraph on that linked site:

Quote:
For many years people have been boosting their gas mileage by using hydroxy systems. By utilizing electrolysis you can break apart water into a mixture of gases called hydroxy and mix them with the fuel burned in an internal combustion engine. The result can be an increase in fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, more torque, and a smoother running engine. However, it has been a challenge to get the "mainstream" to take "hydroxy boosting" seriously.
No evidence yet of people "boosting" their mileage. This is still a hypothetical, and the text reads as if it was already fact. Nice catchy new word too, "hydroxy", much better than HOH or HHO or electrolysis, and obscures the origins making it seem new, yet again.

Further reading gives this gem:

Quote:
The flow rate of HHO gas was measured by using various amounts of KOH, NaOH, NaCl (catalysts). These catalysts were added into the water to diminish hydrogen and oxygen bonds and NaOH was specified as the most appropriate catalyst.
What does adding a "catalyst" have to do with measuring a flow rate? And adding an ionic compound to water does absolutely nothing to "diminish hydrogen and oxygen bonds".

Pure hogwash. Not even the introduction to the abstract has any basis in reality let alone science.