View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
bdesj
EcoModding Apprentice

Toyota - '94 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.91 mpg (US)

Scooter - '06 Yamaha Majesty
90 day: 31.65 mpg (US)
Do you NEED to drive them on the freeway? If so, you probably ought to check your state`s regulations before buying any of them to see if there`s a certain engine size required for that. Laws aside, I`d say the 200 is most likely about the bottom limit for being able to keep from getting run over on an interstate. If you can possibly avoid freeways, I`d think it would be okay for two-lane highways and any of them would be plenty for most any boulevards or avenues. The speeds you listed above sound a bit optomistic to me, but I certainly could be wrong about that.

A nice benefit from scooters for transportation around town is the convenient storage sace that most have under the seat. For the most part, they also offer a bit more weather protection than equivalent "stick shift" motorcycles. Good luck with your project- you`ve got a lot better chance of comming out ahead with the bikes you`re looking at than if you were hoping to make back a several thousand Dollar purchase price by saving gas.

EDIT: BTW, I really like the names you laid on your vehicles!