View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
vacationtime247
Master EcoModder

The Toylet - '87 Toyota Supra 350 Chevy V8 / 700R4

In-Durrrr-Oh - '09 TMEC Enduro TMEC 200cc Enduro
90 day: 60.9 mpg (US)

Tem-poo - '86 Ford Tempo GL 4 Door 2.0 Liter Diesel 5 Speed
90 day: 47.52 mpg (US)

Ass Tick - '01 Pontiac Pontiac Aztek GT 5 Door

Green Baby Poop Stain - '01 Pontiac Aztek Aztek Base Model

Black Track - '01 Pontiac Aztek GT
Probably won't do much, if any interstate travel. But it will be used for some highway travel at 55-60 mph. Mostly lower speeds at 45-55 and around town. The dealer had boxes for sale and mounted for $45. Mounts to the rear bar. Think I'll go ahead and have him install one. Sounds like a pretty good deal. Sure I'll need and use it. Guess this one would fall into the supermoto category you speak of. Has factory 17 inch rims / tires I believe. Should be a fun bike. Plan on tracking the fuel mileage with it. May never see the $ saved in fuel economy to completely pay for the bike. But, ya never know? Resale value + gas mileage saved may = saved $ and fuel. Some of my goals are, 3-4 years of service, 15k miles without major service, 60+ mpg, resale value of at least $800-$900 when it comes time to change gears. Try and post up some good pics when it's home.
VT247

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesj View Post
Pretty cool, Vacationtime! I kind of doubt it`ll handle interstates, even briefly, but should be no problem what so ever on any other roads, and I`d be VERY surprised if you don`t meet your 60 MPG goal. If you need some cargo capacity for it, check out the top boxes from JC Whitney`s motorcycle section. They run around $50 to $60 (two sizes) and are a pretty good value. By the way, enduros with 17inch wheels and smooth tires fall into a sub category that usually goes as "supermoto" or "motard" these days. Normally have lower seat height also, which is a great tradeoff (comfort and convenience over rock clearance and long suspension travel) for mostly street use. I hope you post back when you get some rideing to let us know how it`s doing for you. Have fun!