View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Arragonis -

Yeah, that's what I heard too. The Saudis are lying about their capacity, some of which was damaged by poor extraction practices :

Global Crude Supply: Is the Oil Peak Near? - 2009
Quote:
The water issue directly relates to the sustainability of the five giant Saudi fields because all five use water drive to create their fabulous wellhead oil flows. For example, the Saudis have been using water injection in Ghawar since 1965. I have questioned whether the extensive use of water injection may threaten the viability of the Saudi fields, and Aramco has responded that it does not. Certainly, the fact that Ghawar continues to pump 5 million b/d supports the Saudi position. However, I believe this issue needs more independent scientific investigation. Indeed, my research has shown that water injection and other enhanced recovery techniques may very well increase depletion rates, accelerate production peaks and hasten a steady decline thereafter.
How much oil does Saudi Arabia actually have? | John Vidal | Environment | guardian.co.uk - Feb 2011
Quote:
Does anyone know how much oil Saudi Arabia has left? Last week a series of US diplomatic cables from 2007-2009 and released by WikiLeaks suggested that senior US embassy staff were warning Washington that reserves could be 40% less than stated and that "peak oil" might be imminent.
CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society