View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
It's happened again. Twice!
The first rerun was two weeks after our first incident. We went to my Grandma, the Wife was supposed to drive home, but after driving out of the driveway decided she doesn't feel too good, so she turned the engine off with the kill switch and got out, and the car locked itself. Damn. But since we still remembered what happened two weeks ago, and we were in front of Grandma's house, then I went to get some tools, got a stick inside to press the window button and - nothing! The window was frozen shut. The other windows too.
Thankfully, Grandma lives an hour's train ride from home, so 2.5h later I was back with the spare key.

So next time went to Grandma's I had the spare key with me. We stopped at a gas station, I turned the engine off with the key and removed it (I didn't use the kill switch this time), I got out and filled up. When I wanted to open the door it was locked, but I had the key in my hand (and spare in my pocket), so no problem. The Wife had been inside the whole time and said that she didn't lock the door.

This is weird, because earlier that day at Grandma's the car was left on the driveway for hours and it didn't lock itself. In fact, until now it has never locked itself while the key was not in the ignition. The family keeps repeating that my use of the kill switch may have done something with the ECU, maybe making it go into some kind of panic mode. Could this be the case?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread