View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Blu3Z3rg
EcoModding Lurker

2005 Dakota - '05 Dodge Dakota SLT
90 day: 15.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenavy85 View Post
if you're talking about taxes then yes, any mileage from your shop (place of work) to the jobsite counts as work related driving, but is only deductible if you aren't provided a vehicle by the company (forced to use your own). be sure to keep a log of all those miles and you can use that when tax season comes around. also note it is an itemized deduction, unless the IRS decides to change something
ABSOLUTELY! I keep a pretty detailed log for all those miles actually, much more than I probably need to.

The Truck has the 4.7 V8, which is basically a small Hemi, without the cylinder cut off. This is mated to the 545 Mercedes Transmission which then goes to the 4x4 with 3.55 gears.

I won't be putting on any boat-tails, lol I'm looking for more cost effective and realistic things obviously. And of course I watch my driving.

I like the idea of the grill blocking, especially where they leave holes for the tow hooks, which I don't have. I'm thinking of doing a chin spoiler type of thing, and underbelly pan to a certain extent.

As for setting tires to load... well, the load sure can vary, but i'm trying to make a good couple of weeks without hardly carrying anything to get a good baseline and get the info up on this site.

OH! and thanks slowmover, for linking for me, lol I"ll be putting that link in first post probably tomorrow. For right now, I'm just trying to get a good solid baseline of where i'm at now to get my log started (excellent idea - glad I found it right away!!!)

As for the Cold Air intake... Surprisingly, you're right! I am getting the feeling that it wants me to get on it for it to really free anything up. We'll see though, since guys on the dodge forums are suggesting that a CAI, exhaust, and tuner gets them to the 17mpg range pretty easily. Currently, those are in the plans as that will help with mileage towing anyways, but I think when i tuned the CAI, I did so at too high of an rpm for mileage. 3" puts my motor (believe me, lots of calculating here) with a max power band in the 3500-4500 range. Only downside is that the low end suffers some, so being light on the throttle isn't very helpful in moving a 5260lb truck. If I find 2 3/4" piping, I may switch to that...

Last edited by Blu3Z3rg; 03-08-2011 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: oh yeah... just remmebered...