View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #59 (permalink)
JacobAziza
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
When I used to drive steady, it was at 45mph.

Averaged over 7 tanks I got 26.4MPG after my last mod, (but before I began P&G)

I then began P&G.
Averaged over 8 tanks, my average has been 28.97mpg

I experimented with different speed ranges, and settled on 45mph to 55mph and back. On a flat road it takes about 5 seconds to accelerate from 45 to 55, and about 15 seconds to coast back down, so the engine is off 3/4 of the time.
Averaged over the most recent 5 tanks (after settling on a method) my MPG has been 29.65mpg

And since the minimum P&G speed was my old steady state speed, I am actually averaging a higher overall speed for a 3.25mpg gain.

Whether steady or pulsed, I am always in the slow lane, and I have a very large, very orange truck - most people see that I am slow moving, and go around on their own.
For those that get close enough to read them, my bumper stickers let them know that I am going slow on purpose, and encourage them to pass.
When I see someone coming up behind me fast (in my super wide rear view mirror), I turn on my hazards to make absolutely sure they notice me well in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?

Last edited by JacobAziza; 03-09-2011 at 07:33 AM..