View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
wjbell
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamZipPow View Post
How often do you use the rack?

I'm not sure the angle that uses fer their setup...but I don't think it was 45°.
I don't use the rack that often, but sometimes I need it for a big ladder. And as soon as I took it off, then I'd need it.

But I could get rid of it and get a headache rack for the times I do need to carry a 20+ ft ladder.

The droptail is where I got the idea. I don't know what my angle is exactly. Do you know if the droptail actually improves aerodynamics? I can make mine at whatever angle I need to if it works.

I have a scangauge2 now. Is the ultra gauge better?

Reply to nj trucker: I'm a painting contractor and at the most carry a 28 ft extention ladder (14 ft long) but that's rare, more likely a 24 ft.

Yeah, I didn't think of the gate coming off because of the easy removal design. Good point!

I thought of the idea of a sloped cover, but I didn't like the idea of not being able to see out the rear view mirror. Maybe if I made it from the top of the boxes it would give me enough sight out the back. Also, if I made it right it could be a quick hookup before hwy trips and could remove it quickly it town. Now with that there will be a gap between the cab and the start of the cover, do you think that would catch air? If I made it out of canvas would it act like a parachute and balloon up?