Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
htvfd460
EcoModding Lurker

American - '06 Ford Ranger STX
90 day: 27.05 mpg (US)
Greetings

I am a Ford technitian {Atleast was}.
I have had my Ford Ranger STX 4.0 5speed 2wd since It was produced to my configuration in 2006.

Since then I have been doing little things to increase it performance and fuel economy. I was averaging about 17 mpg stock. With the Drop, Air filter, and tuning plus various tires {many recalibrations}. My best is about 23 mpg. I am looking to go for 27+ now. My challenge is keeping it ready for use and for practicality of a pick up truck. I use my bed for haulin and like having it.

I have seen som extreme things here, I know they have great results but as a Tech I often wonder what are the disadvantages. Like blocking a grill off, Better aerodynamics but decreased engine life. And at $2000-6000 to replace i wonder if the savings would offset the cost. On the other hand i do know what its like to get a high score at the gas station!

I decided to check a couple things out here and realized this sight is an authority on fuel economy when i started referencing some {Ebay scams} and the forum here's response to them. I like what i read here.

I may try out a couple things and put my 2 cents in.