View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
I think the exceptions are mostly for humor value.
For us - yes, but I can imagine some people actually think of those exceptions as excuses. Here are some examples:
Quote:
3. No idling
Exception: You car doesn't have one of these magical "today's engines." If you don't warm it up, you leave a cloud of blue smoke in front of your house so thick that the vegetation in your front lawn dies off.
How does one define "today's engine"? One might think anything built in the last 2-5 years, while there are probably 15 y.o. engines which shouldn't be idled. "Today's engine" means "brand new and extra expensive" for some.

Quote:
4. Check your tires
Exception: You're drag racing your muscle car, so you take some pressure out of the rears. Perhaps you're rock-crawling or sand dune-climbing in your Jeep, so you need to let pressure out of all fours.
I got my EsYouVee 'cause it's made to go off-road. Yeah, I never been off the pavement in the 18 years I own it, but one day I might need to. So I'll keep my pressure extra low, just in case.

Quote:
10. Consolidate trips
Exception: Your hectic schedule is constantly varying from day to day. You have no idea where you'll be or what you'll be doing 5 hours from now.
How was I to know earlier that I'll need 12 beers this evening, instead of the usual 10?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread