View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
2000_HX_Civic
EcoModding Lurker

Inanimate car - '00 Honda Civic Hx
90 day: 38.18 mpg (US)
That is exactly my idea I filled up last night.

I'll be doing a good deal of driving this weekend, so I'll have the results at the latest Sunday, meaning 200 miles or so.

I'm unsure about the whole 99% of the time my Vtec-e problem not affecting me. I get that Vtec activates in the mid-range of the powerband, but the Vtec-e is a bit different, I do believe.

The way I understand the Hx is that it goes into "lean mode" Because of the timing/ecu/vtec-e.

And as stated the truth is i've never WOT the car. it's ment for 40+ mpg.

I hate to say this, but my dad owns a Toyota Supra 95' with 4 some odd thousand miles. I get to drive spirited in the summer time with a car that is designed to preform.

I really may be misunderstanding about my ecu problem and my mpg

Soooo, i'll see what kind of mileage I can get now with a brand new and properly installed timing belt.

As for the huge discount on the ecu, that's what Magauto is.. I appreciate the link to Hondaautomotiveparts,

but for better or worse Magauto owes me a favor. I replaced the clutch on the car when I got it, IT WAS BAD! practically refusing reverse

I ordered OEM HONDA clutch kit more less. I paid for fast shipping and when the package arrived............ all there was in the box were mudflaps.......mudflaps....MUDFLAPS they really did a number on me.

As calm as I could called them and got reimbursement for the products and the special shipping

My point is the sales woman promised me a special discount on any and all products if I ever decide to order again.

They have the ecu, for $660, the bonus is that part is stated as the California Hx version. With the discount it should be below any other competitor.

The more I get into this the more I just want a completely new ECU and to be done with it (Ideally FOREVER!!!!) especially since the part is next to half off.