View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #108 (permalink)
euromodder
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Grille block gone ; no more coasting and it's already been 240km since the last DPF regeneration.
I hope this doesn't mean it's not suited for hypermiling.
It got up to 267km before starting yet another regeneration.
The next one came only 186 km later.

So, removing the grille block and suspending hypermiling driving techniques seems to have made bugger-all difference to the DPF regeneration frequency.
In some strange way, that's good news

The engine does have too much oil in it, so I'll have it analysed and checked for FAME (biodiesel) - probably by some former colleagues
It'll also give me an idea of the condition of the engine.

More good news is that the fuel consumption didn't rise dramatically by deleting the grille block and reverting to my old driving style.
I have been driving more gently though, as I was probably driving a bit too agressive just to be able to coast more.

I've also found a new route to commute, longer than the old one, but from the split point, it's 3.4 km (a whopping 33 % !) shorter than going the long way all around town, as has been forced upon us by the city council.
It's also on smaller roads, so I don't need to go up to 56mph repeatedly because of the unsynchronized lights.
# of railroad crossings is identical (1), but the # of traffic lights goes up from 1 to 3