View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #102 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I said I'd look at your evidence and I did.

"A" = Put a bit of time into proper spelling and be rewarded with more instant credibility.

"B" = A non event occurring only in your head, not worthy of further comment.

"C" = Recall for a hose defect spraying oil at presumably high pressure and/or significant quantity onto hot parts, as a preventative CYA measure as no actual fires occurring are noted. Quite different from a dribble dripping down from a cap.

"D" = That is a nice chart; too bad for you it says nothing about overinflating leading to higher temps. The ehow link wouldn't load and wasn't even searchable.

"E" = The only place tire overinflation leads to increased tire mass, increased tire diameter enough to matter, and those leading to effects on braking enough to measure are in your head. The brake bias link wouldn't load but it matters not anyway.

"F" = Just about everyone here has experimented with higher tire pressure- I know I have been doing it since the mid '70s. Nobody has reported anything similar to your claims. You have presented nothing to refute that.

"G" = If anyone has gone into the ditch, crashed, caught air, blown a tire, bent a rim, or had an otherwise adverse experience with tire pressures over sidewall max, please speak up. I don't recall any such complaints.

"H" = Here we are, I've spent time reviewing what you've presented. You have failed on all counts. Thanks for the waste of time.