View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mario_Marques
Euro Golf 4 TDI s.e.

Golf4 tdi "115" - '01 VW Golf TDI Sport Edition
Diesel
Send a message via MSN to Mario_Marques
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeaver View Post
Dear Mario,

I am also waiting to see the next part of the Autospeed mod of the exhaust.
My motherīs language is Spanish, but what I understood from part 3, is that freeing exhaust flow didnīt improve power, what means that it probably didnīt improve MPG also. Do you agree on that?

How would you classify Skoda Octavia TDI 2009: MK4, MK5, or ...?
Do you know where is the Intercooler located in this car?

Thank you and good tuning!

Oldbeaver

Your skoda has front mount intercooler.
your car is a relatively recent, since the released of the golf mk5, all the tdi vw group cars have fmic, only the older ones have smic.
Everything you can do to decrease exhaust gaz temperature(EGT) will help you to get better mileage(remember egt is not the same as temperature of the exhaust piping), that's why vw is using fmic on tdi's, to get lower intake temperatures.

Iīve done some mods wich improve my mileage, one of the biggest improvement at the moment was the 15" wheels (my car has 17" from factory with sport tyres), with 15" the car is a lot free in the highway(notice that i lost handling and braking power but it's quite acceptable).
I also have a low restricted exhaust system, low restricted intake manifold with thermal coating on the intake manifold, i dont recommend you to delete egr if you want good fuel consumption, deleting egr will increase your fuel consumption, i only delete mine because i dont have another choice, but i recommend you to clean your egr and intake manifold at 100k-100k, because the dirt from the egr+oil vapours from the ccv will get your inatek manifold and egr clogged.

If you want to check some mods on my tdi engine take a look at my gallery at my forum profile, i will update my galleri soon, with pictures of my new 15" wheels and some very small aero work.

Saludos