Thread: New Guy Alert!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
GrapeApe
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via AIM to GrapeApe Send a message via MSN to GrapeApe
New Guy Alert!

Hey folks

I've been playing with HHO Gen's for a couple years while watching alternative fuel sites. I love a couple conversions. One was just to put a 4 cylinder Isuzu diesel in a ½ ton Chevy pickup in place of the 4.3 V6. The guy gets 23 mpg in stop and go & 33 mpg on the highway! Were talking 8 ft bed here. The Isuzu Turbo pumps 130 HP and RPM's comparable to the V6.

I've put hydrogen gen's on my 440 Dodge motor home and Mitsubishi Gallant with great success. I'm about to do the same with a Nissan Frontier.

My new fascination with the EV's brings me to a couple cars I want to convert. My father died last year and left me his 1968 Datsun SPL311 'Fairlady' Roadster. It has always had problems with the head. It was milled too far by a twit at a shop and Dad just ran 2 head gaskets. Worked for another 100,000 miles lol. Then the radiator leaked. So he pulled the head, rodded the radiator core, went into the hospital and died a week later of cancer. Thanks dad, I always wanted your roadster, just... not this way lol. R.I.P. Pops...

Then Mom watched some of the EV youtubes and looked at me and said "You should turn the Datsun into an EV" . . . . . . . . I think you have something there Mom

I also have a 1925 T-Bucket. I'm going to put the 365 Cadillac into the 64 Chevy Pickup and convert the T into an EV! This will become the tow car for the motor home. I am thinking that the forklift conversion would be just fine because I don't want to take it on the freeway. It will be for beer runs and scenic tours at 50mph or less in the national parks, etc. I can charge it on move or at the RV park with the "hook ups". I've already paid the fee, right?

That leaves one last EV conversion... my 1966 Regatta outboard. I want to put a volt eater on top of the outboard and toss that old 2 stroke thing into the scrap pile. No one wants to let 2 strokes on their lake anymore. I can't blame them, it was a stupid, selfish idea to exhaust into the water anyway... THAT engineer needs to be B1+@h Slapped!

Well that's a start, the rest of the driveway will come down the road.

Chet is me handle; Grape Ape's me nick.