View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
TDI fuel yield improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Marques View Post
Your skoda has front mount intercooler.
Everything you can do to decrease exhaust gaz temperature(EGT) will help you to get better mileage(remember egt is not the same as temperature of the exhaust piping), that's why vw is using fmic on tdi's, to get lower intake temperatures.

Iīve done some mods wich improve my mileage, one of the biggest improvement at the moment was the 15" wheels (my car has 17" from factory with sport tyres), with 15" the car is a lot free in the highway(notice that i lost handling and braking power but it's quite acceptable).
Saludos
Dear Mario,

Ok to all, however, I donīt see why yr 15" tires have better fuel yield than the 17" ones. I would have thought the opposite!

I also have a set of 4 17" sport tires, however, I have never used them. What you say is a surprise to me, as I was thinking sport larger tires may yield more.

By the way, I visited once Lisbon, took the tarin to Sintra and the coast train to the end (where there is a F1 circuit too). Very nice sight over there.

Ok to the EGR valve. Taking it out is no good, but there is a way to optimize it.

Cumprimentos,

Oldbeaver