Thread: Hello from IL!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Evowake
EcoModding Lurker

2.2l Cobalt - '05 Chevrolet Cobalt Base
90 day: 32.81 mpg (US)
Hello from IL!

Thought I'd write and say hello, have been lurking around for some time now, and trying to get my daily driver up a bit with economy.

My car is a 2005 Chevy Cobalt (base)
5-speed manual
manual locks, windows, etc etc... basically optimal for economy, aside from going with an xfe.

So far, I've simply done simple maintenance, had to replace the ICM, at which point did plugs, switched to 0w30 mobile 1, and outfitted it with a set of goodyear assurance fuel max tires.

I wouldn't call myself a hypermiler so much as a conscientious driver, and currently, in march's 40° days, around the SW side of chicago, I've averaged anywhere from 32-33MPG to and from work, and out and about. That is with no true highway driving, although out here, the lights are a mile apart.

Just detailed the car and inflated the goodyear's to 47PSI so I'm curious to see how my car will fare when the weather starts to warm up a bit!

After a day of sippin gas in the cobalt though, I'll take out my 530, soon to be 730 HP camaro out and pour some money down the drain

at any rate, glad to be here, and I'd be curious to hear from others with 5-speed cobalts!

-evowake