View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
fjasper
Bookworm

Sylvio 2 - '04 Audi allroad quattro Biturbo 6-spd
90 day: 25.09 mpg (US)

Atlas - '04 Audi allroad 2.7T 6MT
90 day: 25.09 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
"Conversely the new DIT2-wing technology makes use of the compression ratio similar to the piston in your engine equaling a 10/1 compression ratio because the piston is housed in a sleeve. Likewise the DIT2 turbine is housed in a sleeve, which is designed to take full advantage of super low-pressure vortex action, which in turn generates an implosive thrust in opposition to explosive thrust. The thing to remember is that there is more energy in this pulling force than there is in brute pushing force."
This made me laugh so hard I almost choked!

We should have a contest (in the corral, obviously) for the most scientific-sounding, vaguely plausible, complete hogwash aerodynamic/mpg sales pitch. I'm thinking of two classifications: Found-on-Internet and Purpose-Built.

Winner receives a coupon good for 50% off one of my $29.95 turbine-action axial vortex laminar compression fuel conditioners. By aligning the quantum spin of the fuel molecules, it creates improved laminar flow from the fuel injectors which makes the O2 sensor send a signal to the ECU activating the hidden "100mpg" fuel/ignition map that Big Oil doesn't want you to know about.

100% guaranteed to cost you only $29.95 plus shipping. If it's not working for you, you must not be believing hard enough. Any resemblance to a cheap generic fuel filter with glitter in it is completely coincidental.