View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
htvfd460
EcoModding Lurker

American - '06 Ford Ranger STX
90 day: 27.05 mpg (US)
O6 Ranger 4.0 v6 got 27 mpg. Fluke?

Vehicle- 2006 ford Ranger STX 4.0 v6 2 wheel drive clutch
Definition of vehicle- extended cab 4 door. Factory bumper like a body kit for a tuner vehicle. Stock has the Mazda b-series bed but I have the old fashioned 90-00s splash bed with no tailgate. The truck has a DJM 4/5 suspension body drop with Superduty coil isolated that are modified to raise the nose about 1.25". K&n airnfilter. Ford's latest ATF (used in the M5OD-R1HD manual trans). Moble1 0w30 oil. Stock 3.55 rear limited slip. Intake hose mod-cover. Bed liner (black plastic drop in). No bumper. Stock tires in the front, continental contitracs. Rears are Firestones (forget what name but pretty aggressive truck treads) stock 30 30 pressures.
Load- cleaning supplies, some tools, sub box and subs, a tire in the bed (no rim).
Scenario - So I filled up with premium, then went to Hawthorne nj via rt206, 80, 287, and rt 208. Filled up with premium again (again the second pop on the nozzle). Then did the reverse of 208 to 206. Got to the station at 80 miles and filled up to the 3rd click on the pump handle at less than 3 gallons.
The whole way i kept between 55 and 67 mph give or take a couple MPH. I would go neutral on a grade drop of >2.3* (measured via pioneer Avic-d3). and had my heater fan on 3 or 4 depending on my choice. And the selector to floor since it's the only one that doesn't turn on the A/C. Sometimes windows cracked a little (less than 2" drop. with rain guards) I would cruise with the fullest lane and feel the resistance behind a truck or car and go with it. Inside turns up hill and outside to inside down hill trying to keep inertia.

So does it sound like a calculatory fluke or legitimate high score? Previous my best was 23.5 mpg, but this is a huge difference!

Last edited by htvfd460; 03-18-2011 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: "Scenario" added for clarification of definition. Word was left out.