View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Talking You will lose it one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrad View Post
Seems like a no brainer, but if this list is intended to be distributed amongst unlike minded individuals...
"Never idle!"
This is quite possibly the most annoying habit I see, I'll be walking to class and walk by 10s of cars that are just sitting there running so the owner can use the radio or a/c. Worse yet it's generally always a girl just putting on make up while the car is left running. Saw this yesterday with a lifted Hummer H2, almost lost it. haha.
I must confess, Idling is my biggest pet peeve also.
As I walked through the lot at Big Box Mart one day I saw a Hummer idling, Young Lady behind the wheel, A/C on, drivers window down(for cigarette exhaust), and she was on the phone.
I toyed with the idea of asking her about her fuel resources for a moment (this was after gas went >$3 a gallon here), when I heard her complaining into her phone about the price of gas.
I chose to move on.
I left Big Box Mart and as I walked past again she was still complaining about fuel prices.
I laughed so hard I dropped my stuff.
There are people in this world who are not going to change, they will make you laugh, cry and wonder why we are not allowed to kill our young.
S.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein